Keep up to date with the latest news from Bayer’s businesses in Romania and worldwide. Please note that some headline links may take you to other Bayer websites outside Romania. Medical information, including licensed uses and availability, may be different outside the region.
If you are looking for older headlines please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayer signs agreement to sell selected Crop Science businesses to BASF for EUR 5.9 billion
Crop Science Division of Bayer well positioned to fulfill future customer, market and societal needs
Global seed and crop protection market will continue to grow/ Business in Brazil expected to return to normal in 2018/ Progress being made in planned Monsanto acquisition / Anticipated closing in early 2018/ Planned R&D investment of approximately EUR 1 billion in 2017/ R&D efforts to bring 15 new products to farmers between 2017 and 2020/ Strong focus on innovation and sustainability/ Commitment to transparency more
Neonicotinoid field study does not find consistent effects on pollinators
- Field study delivers inconsistent results, highlighting the need to appropriately consider colony strength and environmental conditions.
- Study confirms neither bumble bee queen nor solitary bee egg cell production are “directly affected by the seed treatments”.
- Bayer remains convinced that neonicotinoid seed treatments for oilseed rape have no short- or long-term negative effects on bees and that these seed treatments are a useful and effective tool for farmers.
Bayer Science Laboratory awaits visitors between 8th and 19th of May, 2017 at project’s 4th edition
Bucharest, April 5th, 2017 – „Science and joy all across the country” is, in 2017, the motto of Bayer Science Laboratory, educational project to take place between May 8th and 19th, in Bucharest and four other major cities. Teachers of pupils aged 6 to 12 may now register their classes on Baylab Romania website, baylab.bayer.ro, to enter the most exciting educational experience so far, with no costs attached. more
Bayer Romania launches LIFE & Science Talks, a bridge connecting two systems: the educational and the corporate one
Bucharest, February 22nd, 2017 – Bayer România launches LIFE & Science Talks, a series of monthly conferences giving Bayer Romania experts and Life Sciences students the opportunity to get together and discuss key topics on the future graduates’ agenda. All of these at Bayer Romania’s premises in Bucharest, where attendands have the chance to discover, for a few hours, how being part of a company like Bayer feels like. more
Bayer and Monsanto to Create a Global Leader in Agriculture
- Realizes a shared vision of integrated agricultural offerings, delivering enhanced solutions for growers and creates a leading innovation engine for the next generation of farming
- USD 128 per share in all-cash transaction, represents 44 percent premium to Monsanto shareholders and an aggregate value of USD 66 billion
- Significant value creation with expected annual synergies of approximately USD 1.5 billion after year three; plus additional synergies from integrated solutions in future years
- Bayer shareholders expected to benefit from accretion to core EPS in the first full year after closing and double-digit percentage accretion in the third full year
- Committed to retaining strong presence in the U.S. with the combined business’ global Seeds & Traits and North American commercial headquarters in St. Louis